Wednesday, April 3, 2013

An Update -Finally

Harper- where in this world do I begin. It has been so long since I have written about you and our daily lives. We have been busy of course, but its honestly not a viable excuse. I have sat at my computer nearly a thousand times, but could never collect all the thoughts I wanted to share. You are 3 months and three weeks old now and are truly getting bigger by the minute. You have become so alert and so excited by things that it is truly an amazing sight. Today for instance I watched you select a toy, pick it up in your hands and place it in your mouth. It may seem trivial yes but it was such a cool sight to see. You have also started really recognizing people and their names. I can tell you that we are going to Nana's or Mawmaws or Pawpaw's and you give the same grin you do when you see the actually person. You also frown when I tell you were going to Wal-Mart, which of course I find hilarious. Your also "talking" so much now! Daddy and I were eating lunch a few weeks back and you babbled literally the 30 minutes it took us to eat. You just coo and smile and wave your arms around in excitement like your telling us such an important story. I can honestly say it amazes me how much you've grown already. We know your AT LEAST 14 pounds and 24 inches long. I carry you around like a sack of potato's most of the time because you are so curious and want to constantly look at the world rather than mommy's shirt.
Your first time on a swing. 3.4.13
Daddy on the other hand constantly holds you high in the air proclaiming your an airplane, he's silly you must know, but you always squeal in delight. While you normally downright hate tummy time you have began to tolerate it long enough to play. Currently your favorite toy is a brightly colored pink ball that rattles. You can easily grasp it in your hands (webbed ball) and you love sticking it up to your mouth and licking it, which I know is a new sensory skill your learning. You have also begun to sit up on your own -well for 30 seconds at least. But if your being held you insist on sitting upright, you downright refuse to lay down unless your extremely tired or feeding. Oh feeding, what a new little adventure that has become. You now take 6 ounces every 4 hours with about 2 to 4 tbsp of cereal ever feeding. We are also working on spoon feeding you which is quite a sight I must say, a messy one at that. But these are the moments your daddy and I live for. Now where to begin to catch you up on all the goings on. First your Nana recently returned home after over a month long stay with your aunt and cousin. Jaliyah was very sick and required a prolonged stay in the hospital, during which she had surgery. Thankfully now she is home and is doing much better. Praise God. You were quite mad at Nana when she returned home but thankfully now you are back to giving her your cheesy grins.
In my last post I talked about how daddy sold his truck so that we could pay of my car and trade for something bigger, just a few days after that post and several car lots later we found the vehicle we were looking for. We are now the proud owners of a 05 Chrysler Pacifica aka "the mom mobile". Your dad constantly teases me about my "van" to which I happily sock him in the arm - love punch I swear. To add to the vehicle related excitement your daddy also bought a motorcycle. I am still up in the air about this one but he rides well and is very careful, and that's all that I can ask for. Mommy also finally after 3 years upgraded my camera, to which I am so unbelievably thankful. My picture quality has improved an outstanding amount and I am now able to take better photos of you as well. Lastly on our spending spree ( over a nearly 2 month span mind you) we now have a new washer and dryer. My dryer died a slow and painful death and at the request of your daddy we bought a brand new set, well rent to own but regardless it is ours. Oh my I almost forgot we got a new computer yesterday after my "old faithful" standby that was Uncle Andy's attempted to die several times, in several different fashions and this was a definite no go considering I do all of my schooling online, and need a computer to edit. But enough of that... Finally after weeks of freezing weather ...
On March 4th it was actually warm enough to take the to the park and for a walk in your stroller for the first time. You LOVED it. You smiled the whole time we were gone and got pretty upset when we had to leave due to the wind picking up. We have been on several walks/ park trips since and you love it every time! I have been incredibly busy with photo shoots and school and you have been the utmost cooperative child. You may fuss at times but overall I couldn't be more blessed. You have now been to seven different sessions with me - that is more than daddy! As for school I just completed my first course as a college student. Exciting stuff I tell you. I am still wanting to see what my final grade will be and I am so anxious about it. I will be sure to post it later. Promise.
Speaking of Photo shoots you and I made our first long distance drive on March 16th, we traveled nearly to Memphis that day, but had so much fun in the process. The next weekend, March 22 we took our first real road trip. Poor daddy had to work so we endured off to Tennessee for a weekend full of photo shoots, family and friends. We stayed with these beautiful ladies right here.. & had a blast! It was yours & Laylahs very first sleepover. Precious! Amber and I got such a kick out of watching the two of you play...stare each other down.. and "talk". I hope that you two are as great of friends as aunt Amber and mommy are. I had so much fun taking pictures for Laylahs first Easter, and then getting some lifestyle portraits of them as well. Aunt Amber is a single mom, but I can honestly say I have never been more proud of her. She is one hell of good momma. I also got to see several friends I hadn't seen in years, because of the photo shoots. Which is also nice. We went lunch with aunt Melody right before heading home. She was sweet enough to run out in the pouring ran to get my car, so I wouldn't have to walk in it with you. That is a true friend right there and I love her dearly.

Other than all of the craziness and busy days we have been blessed to celebrate your first St. Patrick's Day and your first Easter. You wore the most adorable outfit for st patty's day, that some so longtime friends of mine had sent you. I swear I took a million pictures of you that day, sitting in your newly acquired bumbo that a sweet lady I had done a photography session for the weekend before gave us. (you love that thing by the way. You sit in on a top of a chair in the kitchen when I cook dinner. You sit in it on top of a lawn chair on our front porch. like I said, you love it.) Easter though was by far more fun. We went to breakfast then visited with Mawmaw and the spend the rest of the day with Nana, pop-rod, aunt Kelly and your uncles Jason and Jessie. Daddy made me so proud by posing in photos with us (he dislikes the camera) but he made me even more proud but taking some awesome photos...I am training him well haha. For now thought we are trying to get back into our routine as I have recently started a photography workshop course, onto of everything else. No matter what that at the end of the day everything your daddy and I do is for you. We love you unconditionally Harper!
Daddy and I (:

 
My favorite photo of us to-date. You look so precious for your first Easter, and I was so proud of you for sitting still long enough to take a picture with me. I love you!

You are truly a daddy's girl. He loves you SO much!
                     & last but certainly not least... Happy 6 months to this Beautiful little lady.
                                           Uncle James, Harper and I love you very much!

No comments:

Post a Comment